- What happened to the John Wilson index?
The John Wilson Index was a previous attempt to gather lots of John Wilson’s from around the globe. Mostly this was taking advantage of the large number of folks coming in from Google on the search term “John Wilson”. The plan was to make a nice list of John’s. Unfortunately, I haven’t taken the time to build in a form to quickly gather the information, as well as the time to follow up. It will come back. If you would like to be a part, please leave a comment on any post and I will contact you.
- Didn’t I see you on Wikipedia?
You may have. Unfortunately, someone took the link down on the “John Wilson” post because I don’t have a full page bio on Wikipedia. You’re really not supposed to write your own, but if you’re interested…
- What type of camera are you shooting your photos with?
I use a Canon XSi with the kit lens and a 55-250mm zoom lens.
- Rumor has it that you named your kid John Wilson, too?
It’s true, and it was my wife’s idea, but he won’t go by “John.” The name John is actually a family name. My mom’s dad was named John, too.
- How many hits does whereisjohnwilson.com get?
More than you’d think. Less than I’d like.
- I’d like to guest write on your site, or have you write for mine, how do I go about this?
The best way to guest post for this site is to write an article about:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google Rankings
- John Wilson
- Business Travel
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can figure out the next steps.
- Where is the old “About” page?
One man’s climb to the top…
… of the Google ratings. If your name is unique, “Brad Bonham“, it’s pretty easy to find yourself at the top of the pile when someone searches for your name. What do you do when your name is Joe Smith, or John Wilson?
You have to be smart.
From unranked to through 109 Million results.